Saturday 31 January 2015

Double Design: haute couture nails

Monique and I got creative again, this month with the theme 'inspired by fashion'.

I took my inspiration from this interesting Jean Paul Gaultier dress. It is from the fall/winter collection of 2009. I'm not sure if I like it, but I do love the graphic lining it and that's what I tried to turn into nail art.

Source: Vogue.it

Here's the result:


Unfortunately I do not own nail polish in the colour of the dress. If you have a recommendation please let me know, cause I think it's beautiful! I used Sally Hansen Resurrection because I thought it would look good with gold. 



I'm not entirely satisfied with my design because I simplified the structure of the dress, but I think it looks pretty cool. What do you think? :)




While I went with see-through haute couture, Monique chose a very wearable cute leopard printed top as her inspiration! You can find her manicure here.




For my manicure I used: NYC Full Metal Jacket (1x), Sally Hansen Resurrection (1x), striping tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and questions (: