Sunday 1 March 2015

Double Design: studs and flowers

This month Monique and I both sort of lost track of time for our 'Double Design'. Why do you only have 28 days, Februari? Anway, let's just pretend it's the 29th of Februari today and that we are right on time with our Double Design for this month! The theme is 'Floral'.


I did roses for Valentine's so I decided to go more abstract for our Double Design. As a base colour I chose Essie Sunday Funday (love the name!) because I had just gotten that as a gift from my boyfriend! Sunday Funday is an amazing coral polish. I think that when I look at my collection it's right in between Essie Cute as a button and Yves Rocher Corail Vif. The other to are more pink or more orange.

Essie Sunday Funday (3x)


Sunday Funday has a subtle silver shimmer.


I used a dotting tool and Barry M Coconut (again) to make little flowers. I used silver studs for their center to match the shimmer in Sunday Funday.


The studs are from Born Pretty Store (€3,53) and I think they're very nice! They come in a wheel with both silver and gold coloured studs in various sizes. I have only tried the smallest ones yet, but I can't wait to try the others too. Quick reminder: you can use ONGK31 for 10% off!



Here's some extra pictures of the final result.






Monique did these super cool denim/flower nails and used studs as well. I absolutely love her roses, they look so cute! You can see her design on her blog Ritsy.nl


Products used: Essie Sunday Funday (3x), Barry M Coconut + dotting tool, Born Pretty Store studs, Seche Vite top coat (1x).

What do you think of our manicures? 
Do you have any fun ideas for our next theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts and questions (: